If you would like to join the Fiordland Firearms Club you can now fill out the online Membership Application Form here.
The Fiordland Firearms Club AGM and July general meeting will be held at 5pm on Saturday the 14th of July 2018.
This will be held at The Te Anau Club (Pop Andrew Drive) and will aim to finish around 6pm at which time those who wish to remain will have a meal and drinks (cash bar).
Subs will be due, please bring $60 for Senior member, $30 per spouse/child.
If you are a B cat holder add $65 to this:
- plus $10 if you want hard copy bullshooter
- plus $20 if you want IPSC affiliation
- plus $10 if you want CAS affiliation
I will send out draft invoices now as a reminder. Feel free to pay prior to the AGM. Payment via online banking preferred.
There are a number of items you should consider acquiring the first year or two of club shooting, both for on the range and at home.
After 14 years in the sport here are my go to items after careful research, acquisition and use:
On the range
- Quality Safety Glasses
- Electronic Hearing Protection that permits you to clearly hear range commands
- Chamber Safety Flags
- CED Deluxe Professional Range Bag
- Double Alpha Double Belt (velcro inner belt with leather overbelt)
- Holster that will securely hold your pistol
- Mag Pouches
- Uplula (magazine loader)
- Good quality cleaning rods (one piece, carbon fibre or protective coated)
- Jags and patches of correct size for your calibre
- Corrosion X or Breakfree CLP
- Plenty of rolls of gun cloth
- A good brass and plastic punch set with small nylon hammer
- A gunsmithing screwdriver set
- Blue 243 Loctite
- Various Tekmat’s for your work bench
Recommended firearms to consider
- CZ SP-01 Shadow pistol
- Glock Competition Models 34 (9mm) or 35 (.40) pistols
- A high capacity 9mm or .40 cal 1911 pistol
- Mossberg 930 Tactical SPX or JM Pro shotgun
- Mossberg 590 or Remington 870 pump shotgun
- AR15 E-Cat rifle
There are plenty of other options, but you’re unlikely to be unhappy acquiring any of the above.
Bill Wright at Rusa Reloading Components stocks a good range of CMJ Frontier projectiles for your pistol and .223
Bill is very quick at turning around orders for projectiles, and delivery is free for projectiles to non-rural addresses.
Bill also has Winchester primers, and can source all brands of powder including Winchester, VihtaVuori, Alliant, IMR, Hodgdon and ADI. Powder transport these days is hard work but Bill will do his best to get powder to you.
Alternatively you can fill out the following form and click SUBMIT and he will be emailed your enquiry.